StatCounter

Friday, November 4, 2022

SHE'S EVERYTHING

SHE’S EVERYTHING

 

She shimmers, still, 

in my eyes, like a star in the wave,

Reflected for only me, no one else around, 

No one in her gaze. 

She is satisfied with me, after all this time,

Though I am not what I was, when I was delighted with myself,

Young and strong and able, and she called me handsome,

Her love, so tight, and me with a future and resolve.

Were she young now, she would pass me by, pleasant old guy.

Instead, she came with me, through all our years,

Or I with her, I’d follow her forever, she’s everything.

She shimmers, all colours of stunning, 

And we’re here together, now, and always, 

I wanted that, for all my life, 

And she, hand clasping mine, squeezes, yes.

 

© Ron Unruh, Nov 3, 2022



No comments:

Post a Comment