StatCounter

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I'M NOT A NARC


Tell me how you think I feel ... sitting in the dental hygienist's chair, my mouth open as she worked and I dozed off. Following that appointment I drove to Army & Navy & noticed an 80 year old man in the shoe department sitting with a boot in his hands and he was sound asleep, head bobbing. How far am I from that?

I mentioned this to a few people. One person calls it narcolepsy. Great, now I have a neurological disorder. I don't just catnap. You can call me 'Narc.' However, I am convinced I do not have narcolepsy.

I like what my wife said. She told me that she could never just doze off, suggesting to me that I was fortunate. I can grab ZZZZ's anytime and any place obviously.

I am pretty sure I have an explanation. There has to be some connection between daytime drowsiness and early morning rising. I love my early hours, quiet, productive, but I likely pay for them by zoning out or getting drop dead weary when it's convenient.

No, I don't have narcolepsy. I can contr.......ol my.. sleeping................. and... waking......... cy..cles.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment