StatCounter

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

THE START OF MY DAY


The time was that I would leave early in the morning to attend an important business meeting. Now I leave at 6 am to get to the local lab before the rush so I can sit with geezers all holding their numbers, and waiting for blood tests and containers for a host of other samples. One old dude wets his finger from his mouth to clean some dried substance on his shirt from the day before. Another old gal appears that this is one of an endless string of joyless days. Between glances at interesting people, I am reading J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy.’ In a one room waiting room, the upgraded processing system blares out “number 10, report to desk number 1.” Even with some hearing loss, there’s no way that I missed that.  Desk one is ten paces away. I am still moving more quickly than the rest of this tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment