StatCounter

Friday, June 7, 2019

ONE DAY AT A TIME

We are friends yet know so little of each other’s worlds
Though I’ve written and talked a lot, many thoughts stay private
You’ll never hear some cloistered hurts I won’t even tell myself
I’ll never learn the circumstance when your innocence was lost
Yet when I spend my time with you insights become your gift to me
You’ve strengthened me by your inner grit to survive past tragedy
My own journey felt some hard spots yet the jaunt has been worthwhile
Struggling with what’s damaged is my contest every day
The expression of our mutual hurts comes out in different ways
We listen to each other and we commiserate as we can
Reminding one another that true love learns to forgive 
Re-engaging lovingly each day is our optimal way to live.

© Ron Unruh June 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment