StatCounter

Friday, September 13, 2019

77 YEARS OLD

 Yes, it is my 77th birthday, no big deal really, just another day, another year. Yet a friend had the nerve to remind me that 36 months remain until I am 80. We’ll he’s right, as if I couldn’t figure that out without his impertinent reminder. In fact on this side of 75 a person often thinks about the slide.

But it’s okay. I find it interesting how a person at my age makes some naturally comfortable conclusions that an imminent departure from the planet’s surface is not tragic. In fact apart from the family connections with children and grandchildren which one does not want to leave, it seems okay to leave. It’s expected after all. Everyone leaves eventually.

And I have the assurance that my faith provides to me, that life ending here does not terminate my existence but rather I live beyond the immediate in an arena of glory about which I know nothing other than what scripture promises is true for me.

Don’t ask me why I am discussing ‘demise’ because I don’t know. I have a lot of life and every reason to be content with my life at the moment. I am humbly grateful for my health and my mind and my loved ones and my fun activities including painting and writing and marshalling at a golf course, and occasionally preaching God’s Word. So today I start a new year for me, my 77th on Planet Earth. I am looking forward to what God will do this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment