StatCounter

Saturday, June 17, 2023

MAYBE, MY LAST SERMON

My five grandchildren were all too young to ever hear me preach.

On Sunday June 4 I preached twice @ 9am and 10:45am.
I did better the 2nd time. The recording was of the 1st. Too bad. I had trouble seeing my brief notes in the dim lighting. 2nd time, I fixed that, and I also had more control of my thoughts. 

'SOUND THEOLOGY IS ESSENTIAL FOR LIVING A RIGHTEOUS LIFE' - Backstory: Paul started many churches in Galatia, comprised of Jews and gentiles converted to Christ. Some Jewish Christians couldn't shake their dependence on being justified by works as well. Paul was a by grace alone, by faith alone, in Christ alone theologian. This letter is his attempt to correct their thinking.


And here is the link on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2P-gS6twc

My sermon begins at the 23 min mark.

I have thought it was my last sermon before. I feel it again. I love preparing, and I am comfortable preaching ... at least I think I do. But I likely do not know myself. Christine says I've been wound up tighter than a drum for one month. On Sunday afternoon I was exhausted; I napped and woke to joint pain all over as tho my PMR was returning. I'm OK, Mon and Tues I am fine. My wiring for the stress is shot perhaps - stress that I create for myself, expecting too much, leaning on my stupid perfectionist bent. 


The best thing for me among so many friends who heard I would be there and who showed up from other churches, were my own 5 grandchildren. 

No comments:

Post a Comment