StatCounter

Friday, February 5, 2010

I did it - my talk at the Surrey Art Gallery Association


Last night was a very enjoyable evening for me. One of those bucket list items. A chance to talk to art enthusiasts about my art story, my early youthful ambition to be a graphic artist, the divine interruption that started me on a path of altruistic service within the church community, the setting aside of art as a career, the revived aspiration that in retirement I would give my art another serious try.

I was honoured to be asked to tell my story last night at the Surrey Art Gallery Association. At first perhaps ten people were there and by conclusion twenty. I chatted about the 18 art pieces I had brought with me and entertained questions as we shared some food refreshments. These new acquaintances were very encouraging to me. I confessed that I am not sure who I am as an artist because my styles and brush strokes and mediums appear to change according to the whim of the moment. Nonetheless the comments I received helped me and affirmed me.




No comments:

Post a Comment