There are seven brief musical sections to express the seven words/phrases.
1. Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do,
2. Today you will be with me in paradise
3. Behold your son: behold your mother
4. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
5. I thirst
6. It is finished
7. Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
Between each section, a reader, so called, with memorized script quoted a relevant scripture selection. Then a young female dramatist walked forward to explain in contemporary narrative language the scene and the theology. Then the reader walked to the table of candles, quoted one line of a prayer, and we, the audience completed that prayer with a statement displayed on the three large screens.