StatCounter

Sunday, September 26, 2021

I THINK OF MY DAD

4:30 AM. I hear an alarm. False. Just a dream. Stiff & sore. Up anyway. I’ll walk now. Shorts & sweatshirt & cap on. Lee Child novel in hand. I walk, outside. To Horton’s. Prefer other coffee. But. It’s nearby. No pedestrians anywhere, no cars. It’s quiet. I walk softly. Nike, soft soles. I think of my Dad. Loved Horton’s. Walked daily. Loved walking. Could hear him walk. Hard leather shoes. Didn’t own sneakers. Surprise! Horton’s is not open yet. Dad - Gone so long. Not earthbound since 2008. What a man! Died @ age 93. Observant, rational, unselfish, always. What a man! Gr.11 grad. 45 yrs on a furnace assembly line. Raised three sons for something better. Never raised his voice. Mom predeceased him in death by 6 months. He lost her years earlier to dementia. Wouldn’t let her go. Until he had to. Loved her always. 66 yrs. Legacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment