StatCounter

Sunday, September 26, 2021

THE WAY I’M COUNTING 80

I celebrated my 79th birthday Sept 13th. I am living to get the most out of my 80th year. The PGA inspired me with the slogan, ‘Your best golf is ahead of you.’ On the last day of our Men’s’ League I shot my best score of the year. I’m taking that further.
I’ll manage my health, fit my clothes better, buy shorter belts, spring spontaneous pleasurable dinners on Christine, taste new international flavours. Christine will know she is the classiest and most attractive woman that I know. In a winsome manner I’ll pass on wisdom to my five youthful grandchildren. I’ll give all I can to others: time, surprises, kindness, gifts, help, coziness, encouragement and joy. I purpose to look enthusiastically with the sight that remains and to listen eagerly as long as I can.
I’ll deepen my faith, sweep sadness from my room. My bucket list will shorten, i.e. become an approved member of the Federation of Canadian Artists. Assemble and publish a book of poetry. Complete a family history book. Paint 25 oil paintings and sell half of them. Watercolour, print, package and market a series of golf course post cards and sell them quickly. Synonyms of More and Best are my operative words. Maybe my life can yet be my best work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment