StatCounter

Sunday, September 21, 2008

He Promised

A NEW LEARNING
An inadvertent visit to a website gave me a verse and a statement for the day. It reads as more than that – perhaps a worldview and a life motto.

May the one whom men did not crown,
the one whom men cannot dethrone, be
the foundation upon which we live and
breathe and understand our being.

Know therefore today, and take it to
your heart, that the LORD, He is God
in heaven above and on the earth below;
there is no other. Deuteronomy 4:39

Retirement issues fade substantially in view of Him. Solutions and answers are resident with Him. I come back to a loyalty by which I lived my career life – commitment to God and what He has said in His Word, the Bible. I revive my position of surrender since my Father knows best. Being a dependent is not undignified when one belongs to the King of kings who owns everything and has pledged to care for you forever.

Strange how over the course of time, a have-nothing undergraduate student who was grateful for anything that was above the base income and knew always that the Lord would provide what was needed, could become so independent as to worry about how to live on a little again. I return to my God who will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. It’s not a platitude I don’t think. That’s His promise. I am choosing to rest in that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment