StatCounter

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sunshine Musing


A NEW LEARNING
My four year old grandchild navigates with ease around the parental approved websites on the family Apple notebook. The facility of children to use if not understand gadgets and technologies astounds me. My two year old granddaughter knows how to operate the TV remote. I remember Louie Armstrong’s raspy rendition of ‘It’s a Wonderful World’ as he sang, “I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know, And I think to myself, what a wonderful world, Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world.”

I muse that at my age of 66, it will be a stretch for me to be around for this little girl’s wedding if she marries at 25 years of age. Eighty-nine is pushing the envelope of life’s possibilities. Without health issues I could achieve the length of years of my 93 year old dad and my 89 year old mom before they passed away. They saw their grandchildren married with the exception of one grandgirl when their health wouldn’t permit them to make a short trip.

For medical reasons my parents stopped travelling west a few years ago and because my two married children could not afford to travel with their families, my parents saw only one of my five grandchildren. My children were saddened by that.

Both of these grandchildren sat in car seats yesterday as I drove them home. The sun emerged after an absence of a couple of days. This four year old grandson noticed it and maturely commented his approval. So I sang “Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy." Then we improvised and sang about sunshine on our noses and hair and ears and hands. This sure beats Board meetings (bored meetings). The link is the John Denver rendition.

No comments:

Post a Comment