StatCounter

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Advice Given to me for Feeling Sorry for Myself

A NEW LEARNING
After I wrote my recent piece called 'Feeling Sorry for Myself' March 24th, a good friend wrote to me with some advice. Here it is.

"Ron: I see you woke up recently and realized you're getting older. Since I'm about a year older than you I thought I might give you some advice on aging. Remember they used to call this period in our lives, "the golden years" Now it is referred to as the "metal years:" silver in your hair, gold in your teeth and lead in your pants. It's that time of life when you think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nighty, when you're out of your depth in a parking lot puddle, when you're still chasing women but can't remember why. You join a health club and by the time you get your leotards on you're too tired to exercise. When your memory's not as sharp as it used to be and when your memory's not as sharp as it used to be. When you've still got it but nobody wants it. You get into swing dancing, not because you want to but because some parts of your body are just prone to swinging. It really gets scary when your body starts making the same sounds as the coffee maker. Don't let aging get you down buddy; it's too hard to get back up."

No comments:

Post a Comment