StatCounter

Thursday, April 5, 2012

POWER SHORTAGE

This past Tuesday I had a productive day that had some crazy moments. Christine and I drove to Jeff's and Gina's in the AM to take Kale to school and take Kadence shopping and to our new home. I then went on some errands having promised that I would pick Kale up after school at 2:30 PM. I was pleased with my efficiency and as time passed I checked my watch constantly and read 1:00, 1:30, 2:00 and then 2:10 PM at which time I told myself to hustle to the school. I arrived with five minutes to spare and found a place to park and listened to some music for a few minutes and then went to get Kale. But there were no cars, no parents and no children anywhere. I hurried into the school office to find that the school clock read 3:45 PM. Secretary asked, "Are you Kale grandfather?' I answered "yes." "Well he had a good cry and then we called your wife to come to get him." I told her, "I will have a good cry to because the whole family will be angry with me." She laughed. I went to my car and found that it wouldn't start. That battery was dead or dying too. Just then my former neighbour Daryl turned the corner, saw me and gave my car a battery boost. We had a good chat and Christine showed up relieved to see me. She thought I was in hospital somewhere. This is what happens as you age, your batteries die. So tomorrow it's a new watch batter and a new car battery and a defibrillator for my wife's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment